I’ve been following this Independent Damsel Pro for a while and she’s on a mission to educate and empower for the sake of your physical protection!
Our guest blogger, Lynn Lewis shares, as an Independent Damsel Pro with Damsel In Defense, “I get to empower people with the confidence they need to defend themselves should they come up against an adverse or scary situation.”
Unfortunately, crime is prevalent everywhere we turn. When I was first introduced to Damsel In Defense in September 2016, I immediately embraced its mission to equip, empower, and educate others to protect themselves. In addition to the mission, Damsel’s core values (Seek to Serve, Honor the Mission, Pursue Innovation and Be the Team Player that you would pick) aligns with mine and the ministry I do which is caring for, encouraging, and mentoring women.
Crime statistics are alarming; the privilege to be a part of Damsel In Defense affords me the opportunity to hopefully help decrease the statistics. – Nomore.org
- 1 in 5 Women are survivors of rape
- College-aged women are 4 times more likely to be assaulted
- 1 in 3 Women experience domestic violence from their partners
- 70% of sexual assaults occur before the age of 17
- 1 in 5 Men experience sexual abuse before the age of 18
- A violent crime occurs every 26 seconds
- 65% of Victims who come forward say no one helped them
My Damsel focus is on teaching situational awareness and sharing SAFE Hearts.
- Situational awareness is learning how to always be aware of your surroundings and developing a warrior mindset versus whatever happens just happens mindset.
- SAFE Hearts is our educational based program designed for parents and guardians to teach their children how to protect their hearts and their body boundaries without being afraid to trust anyone.
“I believe every person deserves high quality, easy to carry, and easy to use tools to protect themselves should they come face to face with an uncomfortable situation.”
“It’s Our Nature to Protect” learn more here.
Lynn Lewis, Independent Damsel Pro
Connect with Lynn to review the options she has available for you to “invest in your personal safety” and the safety of your family members. Thank you Lynn!
Embracing Relational Legacy,
Rita Stewart, Legacy Builder
Be sure to share this article with your friends and loved ones!